Saturday, September 13, 2008

A new scent-sation.

Today's is the soupiest of mornings. I almost drowned on the way to get my coffee, felt decidedly adventurous for venturing out at all, and opted (adventurously) for Irish Cream syrup instead of my usual Sugar-Free Vanilla. Despite the soggy skies, I had gone to the trouble of spritzing before leaving Evanston Place - so I was super pumped when the barista complimented me on my new perfume, a fruity "floriental" by the kooky but irresistible Betsey Johnson.

Photobucket


My perfume obsession began a few weeks ago, when I used up the last of my Aquolina Pink Sugar and decided it was time for a more mature signature scent. My wish list is a long one, but Betsey was my first indulgence - and I have to say, I couldn't have picked a better fragrance for myself. With top notes of grapefruit, tangerine, and blackcurrant berries undercut by a blend of floral bouquets and sensual amber, it's flirty and funky without being overpowering - and wins bonus points for its adorable art deco bottle. Sephora.com describes its personality as "eccentric, wonderful, tantalizing" - and while my perfume collection has a long way to go, I think this purchase was the perfect place to start.

1 comment:

Z said...

I love Perfume! It's, hands down, the easiest way to feel classy!